Destination database - many recurring destinations no longer in database

Linda Moore

01 Jan, 2014 08:59 PM

I see many existing destinations have been deleted from the databases for Seattle Naturalists, Backpacking, Photography and more.
When did this happen and can these be restored (from a destination archive?), without volunteer leaders spending their valuable time to reinput many long-standing trips into the database? I received no advance notice of this change from any of the Seattle Branch committees that I lead trips for?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tess Wendel on 08 Jan, 2014 08:24 PM

Hi Linda,

Sorry for the delayed response to this email. With the need to apply for USFS permits for some of our activities and a new online system being developed, we are more closely reviewing our destinations database.We deactived all “trip” destinations that have not been used 2 or more times in the last 2 years. This allows us to migrate and update the destinations we use and need the most in our new site.

If you can't find a destination that you think existed before and need it to be reactivated please shoot an email to [email blocked] and we can easily reactivate and add to the "keep" list (the rest of the destinations aren't being deleted just archived for the time being) without creating lots of duplicates.

Thanks for your patience and let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
    Tess Wendel
    Member Services
    206-521-6001
    [email blocked]

2. Tess Wendel closed this discussion on 08 Jan, 2014 08:24 PM.

3. Tess Wendel re-opened this discussion on 08 Jan, 2014 08:25 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Tess Wendel on 08 Jan, 2014 08:26 PM

Hi Linda,

Additionally Timmy Williams is acting as the point person for the Seattle branch for the tech project so please chat with him about making sure you are receiving updates.

Thanks!
    Tess Wendel
    Member Services
    206-521-6001
    [email blocked]

5. Tess Wendel closed this discussion on 08 Jan, 2014 08:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac