dotDefender is wasting my time

millerdq

05 Jan, 2014 07:10 PM

I cannot list a course because of "dotDefender blocked your request" error. OK, I should know better then to care about formatting enough to spent well over an hour constructing raw html in a tiny box for 2-3 pages of leader notes. Thinking my html might be the problem, I removed it all, but still get the error.

Another committee member is having a similar problem trying to send emails from course tracking.

Please help! I'm under the gun to get this done by Sunday (oops, already missed my deadline) and I don't have much patience for websites that make my job harder and my promises broken.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tess Wendel on 07 Jan, 2014 07:04 PM

Hi Dennis,

I believe we talked yesterday. Sorry for the trouble with dot defender. Apparently we have been encountering dot defender errors when there is a double dash - - somewhere in the destination or in the email. If you have that in there, go ahead and delete it. As I mentioned yesterday make sure to send the name of the activity and the exact error message code to [email blocked] so we can better trouble shoot.

Thanks for your patience!

Tess Wendel
    Member Services
    [email blocked]
    (206) 521-6001 The Mountaineers – Explore, Learn, Conserve
    Find us  ONLINE: www.mountaineers.org
    Connect with us on FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/TheMountaineers
    Connect with us on TWITTER: twitter.com/MountaineersOrg

2. Tess Wendel closed this discussion on 07 Jan, 2014 07:04 PM.

3. millerdq re-opened this discussion on 07 Jan, 2014 10:42 PM

4. 2 Posted by millerdq on 07 Jan, 2014 10:42 PM

That was the biggest problem. Jeff emailed me, too. Unfortunately, the double-dashes are essential—they are a long-standing work around for another problem on the website.

Dennis

5. Tess Wendel closed this discussion on 08 Jan, 2014 09:26 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac