Mountaineering

wr450rider

10 Apr, 2011 09:06 PM

My goal is to become a proficient mountaineer and i think this would be a good place to do it however i missed the start of the basic climbing course is ther any courses that i can take that include mountaineering now, i would really like to get started by the way i have taken the nav class already. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

thanks tony

ps the nav class was great

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Becca Polglase on 11 Apr, 2011 04:54 PM

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your inquiry! There are lots of things you can do that can help you get into mountaineering. The best options will depend on your skills and fitness level. We have an Intro To Rock course that starts May 5, as well as an Alpine Scrambling Intense Course (4/28-5/1). Together these will give you many of the skills you need to climb lots of peaks, and get a good background in ropes skills so that if you choose to do the Basic Climbing Course in the fall, you'll be well prepared to get the most out of the course. Please feel free to email me [email blocked] to discuss the best options for you.

Hope to see you soon!

Becca Polglase
    Education Manager

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac