Question about Courses

johnkonoiv

09 Oct, 2012 02:57 AM

Hello --
I've scheduled a trip to summit Mt. Rainier July 2013. I have no climbing experience; however I've hiked up to Camp Muir a number of times. I'm in good shape (just ran a marathon and put about 600 miles of thru hiking this summer), used micro spikes, limited crampon use and no rope / harness experience.

I want to learn more about climbing in general, but the real goal is become familiar with climbing on snow and glaciers before my trip ... Basic Mountaineers skills so my experience is more relaxed come next July.

My questions is I see two different classes. 1) Basic Climbing Course - Tacoma 2) Basic Alpine Climbing Course - Seattle
Which is the best to fit my needs? And what are the differences in the classes -- I really couldn't figure it out by the descriptions.

John Konopasek

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jeff Bowman on 09 Oct, 2012 04:29 PM

John,

These are the same course. They are sponsored by two of our branches, Seattle and Tacoma, so the only difference is the location of the course activities. You'll gain the same skill set and experience by participating in either of them. Please let me know if you have any more questions or if there is anything else I can do for you. Thanks!

Jeff

2. Jeff Bowman closed this discussion on 09 Oct, 2012 04:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac